With spring at our doorstep, we’re taking the time to give our Hondas a little bit of TLC after the winter months. Here are our top ten tips for maintaining your car this spring:
1) Get an oil change: Check how many miles your car has racked up since your last oil change. If it’s between 3,000 and 5,000 miles, you should get an oil change to maximize your car’s Seekonk/signs-pothole-damage”>potholes, so we suggest getting a 4-wheel alignment to help to prevent any premature tire wear,” advises Ken Alves, Service Advisor for Honda Seekonk.
5) Wash exterior of your car: Clear away all that winter sludge, making sure to clean the undercarriage where salt and grime tend to collect.
6) Clean the interior of your car: It’s time for spring cleaning! Get rid of all those food wrappers, water bottles, etc. hidden underneath your chairs. Wipe down windows and clean away dust on surfaces.
7) Schedule a tune-up: Honda Seekonk can check your engine to make sure it’s still delving out plenty of power while also delivering great fuel economy.
8) Check the steering and suspension system: Shock absorbers, ball joints, and other important parts can take a hit from potholes. Make sure to check them out for damage.
9) Inspect hoses and belts: Look over hoses and belts for signs of excessive wear, cracks, or fraying.
10) Look over entire braking system: When you go in for your oil change or tune-up, have the technicians look at your brake linings, rotors, and drums to see if they need to be replaced.
Special thanks to the Honda Service Team for helping us out with this article! If you have any concerns about your car, don’t hesitate to contact our team at Honda Seekonk.
This blog is brought to you by Herb Chambers Honda of Seekonk. We invite you to like, comment, and share! Check out our selection of quality new and used cars. Stop by our full-service dealership for test drives, parts, service, repairs, or just to say hello!