The release of the all new 2017 CR-V has Honda doubling down on everything Honda fans love about this vehicle. Family-friendly, reliable, affordable, versatile, and easy-to-drive, all wrapped up in one stellar package. The latest Honda Laura video review showcases everything we expect to see in our beloved CR-V models, as well as what Honda spruced up for this new model year.
As always, a huge shoutout to Herb Chambers Honda of Seekonk for providing this sleek black demo for our review. We’re testing out the Touring trim, which just happens to be the highest line so it comes with all the bells and whistles, including the All Wheel Drive package, for this video. Let’s take a look!
- Re-designed front end with a boxy, modern and aggressive style
- LED headlights, taillights, daytime running lights, turn signals and halogen fog lights
- 18” glossy black insert wheels (our favorite!)
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Updated new Smart Entry System and remote start
- Capless fuel filler
- Decklid spoiler
- Dual chrome exhaust
- Back-up cameras
- Hands free tailgate access
- Cohesive, upscale and classy finishes, which include soft-touch materials, brushed-metal and woodgrain accents
- Newly designed front and back seats – super comfy!
- Giant, color, high-res gauge cluster that displays all the features you need
- Honda Sensing – now with the Blind Spot Information which includes the cross-traffic monitor
- 7.0” display audio system that is quick and responsive
- Moonroof, Homelink, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, heated seats
- 78.5 cubic feet of cargo space
- Quick-release paddles for folding seats
Under the Hood:
- All new Earth Dreams 1.5L, 4-cylinder, direct injection turbocharged engine, with 190HP
- CVT transmission
- All Wheel Drive
- 27 city, 33 highway, 29 combined MPG
What can we say? Honda delivered with the new CR-V this year. Everything we loved, just kicked up a notch and made a little better. From the uber-enjoyable seats, including the vast improvement in the comfort of those back seats, to the larger high-resolution gauge cluster that keeps our eyes focused on the direction of the road, these improvements all make the 2017 CR-V safer and more functional.
From a safety standpoint, while every Honda comes in either a Front Wheel Drive (FWD) or All Wheel Drive (AWD) option, as New Englanders, we know the value of being able to engage all four wheels for traction in the snow and slush, and this Touring AWD model is the epitome of the best of CR-V when it comes to car control.
From a functional standpoint, did we mention the new hands free tailgate access feature? IN LOVE! Just kick your foot under the rear bumper, and the tailgate automatically opens for you.
With an MSRP of $33,695, this 2017 CR-V Touring AWD is on the higher end of Honda price points, but what you get is well worth that asking price. Stop by our showroom to check one out yourself.
This blog is brought to you by Herb Chambers Honda of Seekonk. We invite you to like, comment, and share! Be sure to subscribe, or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for the latest Honda news. You can also browse our selection of quality new and used cars or stop by our full-service dealership for test drives, parts, service, repairs, or just to say hello!